Most of the volunteers involved in running the Tameside & Glossop Branch are members of the Committee and are Trustees of the Branch. Trustees are responsible for decision making on Branch policy and ensuring the Branch achieves its aims and objectives. The Committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting usually held in June.
- BRANCH CHAIRPERSON (post taken) - Controls the order of meetings and ensures that every decision is taken in a democratic and proper fashion.
- BRANCH SECRETARY (post taken) - Receives information, passes this on to fellow Trustees. Replies to correspondence and undertakes other secretarial duties.
- BRANCH TREASURER (post taken) - Keeps accurate and up to date records of all monies received and bills paid. Issue receipts, bank cash, deals with auditors etc. Reports to fellow trustees and keeps an eye on investments.
- MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY (vacant) – The post involves receiving notification from Headquarters of all local people joining the RSPCA, informing fellow trustees of new members and holding a card index system of names and addresses. The secretary contacts new members accepted into the branch to welcome them and to invite them to become involved in branch activities.
- NEWSLETTER PUBLICATION (vacant) - The branch currently doesn’t produce a newsletter but will be considering this in the near future if a suitable volunteer comes forward. This will involve helping to put a twice yearly newsletter together. Desktop Publishing skills are an advantage, or you could volunteer to help with collating mail and filling the envelopes.
How to Join the Committee
To be elected as a Trustee you need to have been in membership of the RSPCA for 3 months prior to the AGM (Click here to join the RSPCA online) and have two referees from other members of the society. If you are interested in joining us, are a member of the RSPCA but don’t know other members please contact us via email.
Alternatively you could be co-opted for a particular skill you possess (e.g. Professional/Academic qualifications, professional experience, etc). For more info please get in touch (see links on the right).