Mabel is an extra special baby who is eager to learn and very alert. Given the opportunity, she loves nothing more than sneaking onto the sofa with you for a snuggle! Mabel enjoys her walks and especially looks forward to meeting and playing with other dogs on the field; she can be quite clumsy during play but has never shown any signs of aggression. She is cautious when strangers approach without a dog (especially men) but with encouragement and time, her confidence will improve.
Likes/Things I am ok with:
- Playing chase in the garden with her teddy or tennis ball
- Enjoys plenty of sleeping, snoring, dreaming and lying on her back with her legs in the air
- Plenty of praise and encouragement (with the help of treats!)
- Currently in a foster home with 2 children (9yrs and 5yrs) – she has particularly bonded with my 9yr old daughter!
- Gaining more confidence with car travel but will be sick if fed prior to travel – travels in a crate in the boot at the moment.
- Currently residing with a cat – very curious but no signs of aggression. She does chase the cat when he runs away so she would probably be best suited to a home without cats.
- No problems through the night and fully toilet trained
- Doesn’t mind the sound of a hair dryer
- Will happily go into a large crate during the night or when we go out – mainly to stop the alarm going off, her own safety and so the cat can come in and out when he pleases.
- Reacts quickly when told ‘No’ – mainly when mouthing your hand, pinching slippers or the kid’s teddies.
- Walks nicely on the lead but will stop if she is unsure about her surroundings or hears a noise she doesn’t like.
- Loves meeting other dogs on her walks and having a play if they are willing.
- Enjoyed a recent trip to the vets and was very happy to see and greet strangers.
Dislikes/Things I am unsure about:
- Loud noises or bangs
- Going outside for the toilet when it’s raining
- Fast/sudden movements towards her
- The hoover – she will run and hide in another room or go out into the garden
- Will chase birds and squirrels given the chance
- Travelling on the back seat of the car – someone would need to reassure and sit with her