The Tameside and Glossop branch of the RSPCA is separate and independent from the parent charity (National RSPCA) and run entirely by unpaid volunteers. THE BRANCH SUPPORTS OUR INSPECTORS by taking in dogs and cats which they have rescued. We fund their care in kennels, catteries or foster homes and any veterinary fees which can sometimes run into thousands of pounds. Once the animals are fit and healthy we actively seek to match them with a suitable family who will provide them a new home and future. Animals which come into our care have often experienced cruelty, accidents and injury or abandonment. Whilst we are restricted at the branch level in the type of animal we can provide care for, the National RSPCA actively rescues pets, wildlife and farm animals.
Raise much needed funds for the branch or simply Join our Big Walkies – Daisy Nook and Park Bridge – Facebook link, Twitter Link, or our Instagram Link
Our lost and found pages can be found HERE
We desperately need volunteers to help raise much needed funds – as an independent charity we do not receive any money from the government, local authority, lottery or local funding agencies. We rely totally on the generosity of local people to continue our work – if you could help, even for only an hour, please follow this link – Fundraisers
- SHOPPING FOR ANYTHING AND THINKING OF USING AMAZON? If you follow this link to the online store the branch will get a little commission on every item you buy with no extra cost!
- SHOPPING FOR GIFTS FOR YOURSELF OR OTHERS? WANT TO HELP THE RSPCA? If you follow this link to the online store the branch will get commission on every item you buy with no extra cost to you!
- FOSTERERS URGENTLY NEEDED – The branch needs people living in the Tameside and Glossop areas who can foster Cats, kittens, or dogs and puppies in their own homes. Read more about: Cat and Kitten Fosterers or Dog and Puppy Fosterers.
- Volunteer foster families who are caring for our cats and kittens until they find caring new homes are in urgent need of DONATIONS OF KITTEN FOOD AND MILK, LITTER, BLANKETS & EQUIPMENT. If you would like to help you can donate via our food collection boxes in Sainsbury’s Denton store, Asda in Hyde, the RSPCA charity shop in Glossop or via our Amazon Wish List, or why not make a secure online, cash donation via My Donate?. You can also donate by text – simply text the message ANIM22 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070
- IF YOU HAVE LOST OR FOUND A PET Animal Search UK is a completely free service relying on public donations only, and can be found HERE. Alternatively, Pets Located.com is free for those reporting a found animal and anyone wishing to log a lost pet is asked for a fee of £10+VAT to use the service for 12 months, which includes posting details of the lost pet online and on social media and the facility to create your own ‘lost pet’ poster, as well as giving access to the database of found pets. People should continue to check with local services such as dog wardens and vets if their pet becomes lost. The RSPCA also recommends microchipping animals as one of the best ways of being reunited with a pet if it goes missing. You can find out more at www.petslocated.com You can also register your pet’s details with the branch via this website or our facebook pages
- GREAT NEWS! You can now raise 4% for us – for free – when you shop instore at Sainsbury’s! To simply request your Everyday Shopping Card visit RAISE WITH SAINSBURYS, top up your card and shop at any Sainsbury’s – it couldn’t be easier
Our latest success stories can be found HERE
Out of hours emergency numbers can be found – HERE
We get many calls about very young animals, especially fledglings, who may need help – please find expert advice HERE
Our grateful thanks to: the very generous customers of Asda Hyde and Sainsbury’s Denton who donate food and cat litter in our collection bins those stores. Everyone who donates food, cat litter and equipment from our Amazon Wish list to help our animals in care, who are waiting for new families to call their own. RSPCA Tameside and Glossop Branch is self funding so we rely entirely on the generosity of the public. Without the support, time Volunteered, Fundraising and Donations from local people we wouldn’t be able to help so many Tameside and Glossop animals in need. Thank you! Please look through our website to find out more about the branch, our animals and how you can help. Just let your cursor hover over any of the items on the menu bar (above) for drop down lists to find out more about the branch eg: ‘news’ to read about the work of the branch, when an animal has been rehomed and other related news of interest. You can read more about the branch here.