The Tameside and Glossop branch of the RSPCA is separate and independent from the parent charity (National RSPCA) and run entirely by unpaid volunteers.
- FOSTERERS URGENTLY NEEDED – The branch needs people living in the Tameside and Glossop areas who can foster Cats, kittens, or dogs and puppies in their own homes. Read more about: Cat and Kitten Fosterers or Dog and Puppy Fosterers.
- Volunteer foster families who are caring for our cats and kittens until they find caring new homes are in urgent need of DONATIONS OF KITTEN FOOD AND MILK, LITTER, BLANKETS & EQUIPMENT. If you would like to help you can donate via our food collection boxes in Sainsbury’s Denton store, Asda in Hyde, Tesco Droylsden and Pets at Home in Glossop, or via our Amazon Wish List, or why not make a secure online, cash donation via My Donate?. You can also donate by text – simply text the message ANIM22 and the amount you wish to donate to 70070
- SHOPPING FOR SALE BARGAIN? USING AMAZON? If you follow this link to the online store the branch will get a little commission on every item you buy with no extra cost to you!
- VOLUNTEER DELIVERY DRIVER WITH OWN TRANSPORT URGENTLY NEEDED – The branch needs a driver with his/her own vehicle who would be able to collect and deliver food, litter and other supplies from wholesalers and other collection points to fosterers and carers and if needed take cats and kittens to veterinary appointments. S/he would ideally be based in the Droylsden, Audenshaw, Hyde or Denton area and be available during the day, for a few hours each week. Mileage and other out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- IF YOU HAVE LOST OR FOUND A PET Pets Located.com is free for those reporting a found animal and anyone wishing to log a lost pet is asked for a fee of £10+VAT to use the service for 12 months, which includes posting details of the lost pet online and on social media and the facility to create your own ‘lost pet’ poster, as well as giving access to the database of found pets. People should continue to check with local services such as dog wardens and vets if their pet becomes lost. The RSPCA also recommends microchipping animals as one of the best ways of being reunited with a pet if it goes missing. You can find out more at www.petslocated.com You can also register your pet’s details with the branch via this website or our facebook pages
Bank Holiday information and emergency numbers can be found - HERE
Our grateful thanks to: the very generous customers of Asda Hyde and Sainsbury’s Denton and to all those individuals who donate food, cat litter and equipment from our Amazon Wish list to help our animals in care, who are waiting for new families to call their own.
RSPCA Tameside and Glossop Branch is self funding so we rely entirely on the generosity of the public. Without the support, time Volunteered, Fundraising and Donations from local people we wouldn’t be able to help so many Tameside and Glossop animals in need. Thank you! Please look through our website to find out more about the branch, our animals and how you can help. Just let your cursor hover over any of the items on the menu bar (above) for drop down lists to find out more about the branch eg: ‘news’ to read about the work of the branch, when an animal has been rehomed and other related news of interest. You can read more about the branch here.